Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Tomato cream sauce.

Last night I made this easy pasta sauce recipe.. it was so yum! So of course I have to share it! This is definitely going to be another favorite pasta in our house! Check out my other pasta recipe here.

This is Pasta with tomato cream sauce. I found the recipe here So feel free to check out the more in depth version. Her pictures are a lot prettier too. haha

What you will need:
  • 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
  • 2 Tablespoons Butter
  • 1 whole Medium Onion, Finely Diced
  • 4 cloves Garlic, Minced
  • 2 cans (15 Ounce Each) Tomato Sauce Or Marinara Sauce
  • Salt And Pepper, to taste
  • Dash Of Sugar (more To Taste)
  • 1 cup Heavy Cream
  • Grated Parmesan Or Romano Cheese, To Taste
  • Fresh Basil, Chopped
  • 1-½ pound Fettuccine

Here are my few pictures along the way.


Saute onions and garlic with oil and butter.

Add tomato sauce, cook over low heat 25-30 minutes, stir occasionally.
remove from heat, add cream.

mmm.

Add your cheese, noodles, and basil.

I honestly did not follow the directions exactly.. besides the tomato sauce and cream. I added red pepper flakes, and parsley instead of basil.. mostly because I'm pretty sure at the time I thought it was basil. oops. Still tasted amazing tho! You can also add a little of the noodle water to thin out the pasta sauce if it is too thick, I only used a little.
I love easy pasta sauces.. You can alter them to your liking, without really messing them up! I only used maybe half the onion, and more garlic.
The Boyfriend does not like onions like I do, but he still ate it and loved it! I'm thinking next time I could substitute real onion with onion powder or onion flakes. I will try that next time!

Enjoy. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment