Saturday, May 28, 2011

DIY Cake stands.

First off.. please excuse my horrible cell phone pictures, and my messy table.. 


Soo I of course have to find some sort of craft to do.. I just love craft blogs, and how creative people are and it makes me want to try everything!! Anyways.. one of the things I wanted when I first was planning Harpers bday party was a cake and cupcake stand.. Michaels mom let me use one,  and then afterwards I found this great idea!! With a little trial and error tho.. I will probably try a few more.. I just went to the thrift store and picked up some glassware for under 5 bucks, and used some gorilla glue from my handy man.. aka my daddio. (he has everything!)


I picked out some glass cups/vases that looked like they would make a good base for the stand.. Ive seen most done with candle stick holders, but I couldn't find any. I washed them before hand to make sure I had a clean surface, put a generous amount of gorilla glue around the edge of the stand, and stacked some books on top to weigh it down while it dried. I just chose a pretty colored plate I liked for this one! 

The one on the right, would have been really cute.. the glass plate on top had words of different desserts... butt when the glue dried, The bottom of the glass between the plate and stand turned a frosty color, and even throughout the stand.. i dont know?? You can kid of see in the picture.. soo I experimented a little...




Still.. not perfect, but I used some spray paint, and modge-podged some scrap book paper to the top. 
I think it looks cute being used and a plant stand.. of course not every diy project turns out perfectly, but im happy with how they turned out and im excited to use the one... whenever that may be! haha 

I still want to try this one out!! How cute?!

Until next time.. 
Im making a magnet/peg board out of my entertainment center doors that are not being used!! Cant wait to show you all! 

:)









1 comment: