Sunday, May 22, 2011

Coupon Newb.

I gave in! I finally got the courage to round some coupons up and see what i could find and save.. After looking up and reading a few different coupon blogs, I even watched a video.. I decided to try out Walgreens. Now, Walgreens is considered a little more difficult when it comes to couponing.. You do need to know their coupon policy and it works better if you have in store coupons plus manufacture coupons(ones you would get in the paper)
Soo I got two papers today hoping to get some good coupons, But I only got one insert because I could not find the daily herald anywhere! BUT.. I used the Walgreens add, and matched up a few coupons I already had and headed out.. of course after i wrote everything down, and calculated things. Im legit. haha

I do think that some things might be priced up at walgreens versus your local grocery store, but they did have some good deals going on.


Heres What I got:
3(limit) Ajax Dish soap- .89 each with in store coupon
2 Colgate Sensitive tooth paste- 2/$7.00 in store plus $1 off coupon= 2/6.00  RECEIVED $3 REWARDS
3(limit) Aluminum Foil-.69 each with in store coupon
3(limit) Yardley soap .69 each with store coupon
2 air freshener .79 each with store coupon
2 Schick Hydro shaving cream (3.99) - B1G1 free plus I had a .75 off coupon
2 Ajax cleaner- B1G1 free (.99)
3 Hunts tomato sauce- 3 for 1.00

Listerine- 5.99 with $3 off in store coupon plus $1 off manufactures coupon. = $1.99!
Tone body wash- 3.99 RECEIVED $3 REWARDS= .99!
Cantu hair care leave in conditioner- 4.99 RECEIVED $4 REWARDS= .99!
Infusium shampoo- 5.99 plus $2 off Manufactures coupon= 3.99 RECEIVED $2 REWARDS= 1.99!
Scunci hair elastics- 2.00 RECEIVED $2 REWARDS= FREE
Carefree liners=.99! If I would have had the manufactures coupon they would have been free.

My Total before Coupons= $68.48
Savings with coupons= $28.09
Rewards= $14.00

If you include the rewards, (which I can use towards my next purchase like cash) with the coupon savings, I saved a total of $42.09! I think that is pretty good! It was fun too, and it gave me the little push to try and coupon more! Cant wait to stock up on more food items so I can see the savings grocery wise.
Im looking forward to getting a ridiculously good deal down the road.. haha I may be an amateure, but ill get there! :)

4 comments:

  1. okay i so wanna do this but when i got a paper (now, alex got the paper so i have no idea which one haha) all the coupons were lame haha what paper did you use to find decent ones?

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha I got the salt lake tribune.. it was lame. You need to get the daily herald, they say to get more than 1! Coupon ladys are crazzzy. haha BUT I just used the walgreen add with some other coupons from the newspaper.. i have yet to try the deals out at other stores and on groceries.. i might take a class.. ill have to share what i find out! haha its kind of confusing.. Michael thinks im insane. o well!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha funny thing is, alex thinks i'm crazy not to coupon haha this is literally what he says, "oh my gosh we could save so much money, you don't work you have plenty of time to look and cut coupons, i'll totally even buy you a binder like the crazy ladies have, we could save so much and could buy so many other things! like a playstation and baby stuff" yeah that's what he says hahaha little does he know it's confusing as hell haha well maybe if we get really good we can go couponing together, and be like the crazy ladies who go at midnight on monday to get double coupon tuesday deals hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG. Or he will be the crazy coupon guy! I would die!! hahaha But yes, walmart doubles coupons on tuesdays, and I figure late at night is best, so i dont get all flustered, and my face doesnt turn red.. haha Ohh and of course that fool wants a playstation!! Michael is in love with his xbox!! Silly boys. haha

    ReplyDelete