Monday, May 16, 2011

I forgot to mention..

HARPER IS OFF THE BOTTLE!! 

I stressed this.. I have no idea why, it was a lot easier then I imagined. 
I'm not one to really go by the "book" I like to think of myself as a care free, laid back kind of parent.. but in a good way! There are definitely things I do and don't want to do.. and things id definitely like to try.. but I'm kind of liking the see how it goes approach. Its worked out quite well for me.. well us I should say, we kind of just follow each others lead, or give each other suggestions. 
Harper just decided on day she didn't want her binkie.. which was fine by me, Ive heard horror stories of binkie lovin kids, and I didn't want to have a fighting match with her.. so she solved that one for me. 
The bottle, well I just started giving her more "sippys" (as we call them) throughout the day and only a bottle before bed, which I watered down, that way she wouldn't want it as much.. I of course got used to giving her one in her crib until she fell asleep.. don't judge me, it worked great! haha 
Don't worry.. she doesn't go to sleep with her sippy.. I wasn't going to follow that trend, that would have defeated the purpose! I then started only leaving a sippy cup with her at daycare, so she would get used to not having one there as well. All of a sudden a week went by and I had realized she had no bottle! It worked out better this way then just cutting her off cold turkey.. She has only had one bottle recently and that was because she was throwing a fit over her sippy with a straw, and we happen to be at Grandmas.. im mean old mom and want her to get used to the straw kind, but she still cant figure out that she doesn't have to tip it back to get a drink, and when I show her the motion on how to suck out of the straw, she just blows out. haha its cute, but she gets angry with me.. so we use that one occasionally. :)
She is growing up wayy to fast, but I'm enjoying watching her get her little personality and wanting to be independent... We cant get enough of her, she is constantly making us laugh and smile. 

No comments:

Post a Comment