Tuesday, May 31, 2011

My Crazzy weekend!!

You really think I would blog about those weekends? psh. haha  Im mostly poking fun at myself.. because I tackled another DIY project this weekend.. along with getting to spend some quality time with my dad and family.. so all in all it was a GREAT weekend! Not to mention, it was a 3 day weekend and I didnt have to work! Woohoo!
Anyways... 
A few months back we got a new(new to us) entertainment center from ksl.. we needed something to fit our 46 in tv, and one that would hide cords, and everything else.. Harper was getting very curious, and I could just see our big tv falling off our tiny tv stand.. she has already managed to tip over her grandpas tv. oops. haha  Lucky enough we found one that fit our tv, but we had to take the doors off... so here I was left with two wonderful entertainment doors screaming at me to do something with them.. So I decided to make a magnet board with one!! 

Before. 

 2 coats of paint. 

Stain and glaze mix. 

 I mixed wood stain and clear glaze mix, painted on then wiped off til i got the look i liked. 
I got the idea(distress/glaze technique) from this cute blog

 The covered sheet metal.. We used spray adhesive, but you could easily modge-podge the scrapboolk paper to the metal. I got the sheet metal from lowes, already cut.. so I didnt have to cut anything and have a raw edge. 

I also picked up some distressed looking nobs to add to it.. other than trying to fill the whole piece with metal. 
My dad.. helped me fasten the metal to the wood with this nifty tool, that used metal clasp like things. I of course forgot what its called. I have to give my dad credit for drilling all the holes and measuring for me.. he is quite the perfectionist, but this is what he is good at! I love that I can have him help me make my ideas come to life!! 

And here you have it! 
After. 

Im getting bad at taking better pictures.. but you get the idea.. Eventually it will be covered in cute pictures, magnets, and something other than the bare candle holder.. (which hangs from my  mini mirror/mantle originally).. will  be hanging  there. I of course couldn't wait to get it up and ended up screwing 4 different screws in the wall.. hopefully it stays with the one i managed to get in place.  :)
Im happy with it, and now have to find something to do with the other painted door! Until then.. 

Enjoy :)

1 comment:

  1. You are so creative, all of your stuff is great! Love it!

    ReplyDelete