Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Spicy Alfredo sauce.


I attempted this for the first time almost a year ago!! Its now a favorite of Michael's, and Ive finally been able to master it on my own without any mistakes or looking at the Recipe. I wanted to share it because it is mm mm good! If you're like me and don't cook much, you will like this recipe because its very simple.

1/2 Cup of butter
2 Cups of heavy whipping cream
2 Garlic cloves
1/8 teaspoon of red pepper flakes
1 pinch of salt
3/4 cup of Parmesan cheese, grated
Your choice of cooked pasta.

I first melt the butter,then add the cream, garlic, and red pepper flakes and bring to a boil, I then continue to simmer til it thickens up. I use minced garlic, instead of chopping up two garlic cloves, it tells you right on the bottle how much is equal to 1 garlic clove.
Ive also noticed that the Great Value brand of heavy whipping cream thickens up better, but the name brands work just as well, just my preference. I like my pasta more spicy then this recipe calls for, so I just keep adding til I get the desired taste. I also noticed that the cheese tends to stick to the bottom of the pan while cooking so I wait and add that right before I'm ready to add the pasta. Ive also added chicken with this recipe too.

There you have it! Its soo easy and soo good!

No comments:

Post a Comment