Saturday, April 23, 2011

DIY Up-cycled scarfs!


Yes I know.. were desperately wanting summer, so why am I making scarfs?? These are not your typical yarn, wool, heavy duty winter scarfs.. these are made out of t-shirts! Yes.. t-shirts! I of course saw it online, and HAD to do it right then. 3 shirts later.. here we are! I just found some old shirts that I didn't wear anymore.. and went at it! Although, my shirts were small, which made a smaller scarf.. I think they are still cute! Definitely  going to hit up the local thrift store and get a variety of larger shirts to make a fuller scarf!  Here is a great tutorial for this.. also this lovely one, which made me chose green!  
I made mine a little different.. but that's what makes them original! 



The process.. Because my shirt had a seam.. when stretched, some would rip. So i decided to tie knots where the seams were!
Wear doubled, or long.. 



I made two others.. the black and pink was a different cotton, so it didn't stretch as well.. so it was short. 100% cotton, jersey cotton.. works best and stretches.

Purple and white.. I wrapped both ends for a different look.

P.s don't mind my horrible double chin, and the horrible lighting due to late night and cell phone. They are really cute.. These will probably go up on swapmamas! haha I cant wait to make more neutral colors, like a black or grey. I will update when I make the bigger ones!! 

Enjoy. :)

4 comments:

  1. That is an inappropriate comment. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha. You guys are crazy! Anyways, Chels those are so freakin cute!! You have become so crafty... I love it! I hope I get that way now that I am having my second child:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my goodness this is such a great idea!!! Im trying it out..right now!

    ReplyDelete