Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Look Whoo turned 1!

Harper's Party theme, you can find this and other great DIY party packages at Dimple Prints. 

I cannot believe it has been a year! Where does the time go? I think about where  I was at in life when I got pregnant, and where WE are now.. and it amazes me.  I hate to brag, but I think Ive adjusted to motherhood quite well! haha but seriously.. I wouldn't change anything. Being a Mom is not easy, and just when it seems to get easier, something changes and you have new mommy issues to deal with. Harper, although a pretty easy baby.. still gives me a run for my money. She is quite the early bird, and has all the energy in the world.. even at 4 am! I wish I could jump up and want to run around the house like that. She is soo smart, and learning things quickly, she has the cutest personality, and shows her drama queen side often... she is definitely her Mother's child! But Dad doesn't get off that easy, she is stinky, grumpy when she first wakes up, and needs her bottle.. just like dad needs his energy drink! ha Its so weird to look at her and see a mixture of both of us in her.. sometimes she looks just like her dad, other times I see me. I still get weird-ed out and have to take a minute and process it all... like the fact that this little tiny person walking around is OUR creation, I gave BIRTH to her! Crazy.
I was sooo excited to plan, and have a 1st birthday party for her, so excited that Michael thought I was going crazy. I had a lot on my plate, especially due to the fact that I leave everything to the last minute, and forgot that there were other life responsibility's to take care of before I went and splurged on unnecessary(necessary to me) party things... who would have known?  But in the end it turned out just the way I envisioned it, even when we opted to have it in our tiny apartment instead of the park. We were lucky enough to have Michael's mom and sister drive down from Montana and stay with us for that weekend, it was great to have them here and great to have them help out with party details! Soo thankful for that!  I DID complete my candy buffet like planned, and was very pleased with it, I also made cupcakes, cake pops.. I will blog a "how to"  cuz they are delicious! I also went ahead and made Harper's cake.. a giant cupcake to smash.. well end up on the floor.. but it turned out cute! I made artichoke dip too! ahh Im soo domestic! haha  Thankfully my awesome mom and Michael's step mom made some of there famous salads as well so everyone could be fed!
I was so excited to see everyone show up, and I mean EVERYONE! I am soo thankful for all the family and friends that came out and made Harper's Birthday special, she is definitely loved! I will have to update with more Pictures.. here are a few the sis-in-law took. (nope.. still not married, deal with it. ) haha.



 I ordered a custom outfit.. that never arrived!! grr. So I made her a shirt, and put together something we had.. 
still turned out cute.

 She decided cake just wasnt her thing, and pushed it over.

Birthday girl!

Harper was so good! She was soo tired, and fell asleep right as people started showing up, but she managed to stay awake for her party. Our front room looked like Christmas morning, we had to open everything and try it all out.. duh!  
 We have lots of reading to do! 

 Ahhh! Birthday cyclone hit! haha

I hated cleaning up, not that it was a disaster.. but the fact that it doesn't look like a little girls Birthday anymore. :(   Ohh well.. there is always next year!! yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment