Monday, April 18, 2011

10 minute nails!

Tada! 

You would never guess right??

My family from Montana came down last week and did these, and they looked professionally done!! So of course I had to try them out! I love having my nails done, but cannot always afford the $40-50 to get them done. These babys cost me 6 bucks at wallmart!! 


While getting these I noticed other DIY nail kits, some with acrylic, some with gel like polish.. still under 20 bucks! I might try those next. I am still interested in doing nails/going to school.. so practice would never hurt!! :) 

These are really fun and easy to use. I did them standing at the kitchen counter! I was skeptical at how well they would stay on, but I watched them have to be soaked off in acetone, and have read where that is the best option.. the glue is actual nail glue! My fingers were sticking together. Its been a few days and they still look good. My mom even asked where I had gotten them done. Definitely worth a few bucks and a few minutes. perfect for last minute, going to a party/event/wedding/date etc. or in my case just because!!
A few ideas...
-I tried painting the tips with clear nail polish and dipping in glitter.. looked really cute.
-Painting them first and drying, then gluing.. if your like me, i can never paint my real nails and sit still long enough to have them dry completely and look flawless.. I ALWAYS smudge them.

Enjoy. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment