Friday, March 19, 2010

Crafty me!

So as I mentioned in my previous post, I finished my project! I couldn't wait, so I looked at some different ideas online, and figured it wasn't going to be that hard so I headed to Roberts Crafts and picked up some Mod Podge, which is awesome! I also picked out a few different kinds of scrap book paper with different shades of purple (since that's the baby room colors I'm going for) I also picked out some paper flowers and some brads to layer and attach them. I chose brown ribbon that I also used on the letters, but later will hang them in her room, probably above her crib, which is where I got the idea, but I haven't got that far! I will update when I have her room somewhat put together! Ahh! I'm running out of time, but I'm waiting on the bedding to get here!

If you care to know how I did this ill give you my step by step instructions, but you can find many ideas like this online, and I didn't necessarily take my time, but I'm pleased with my results! Everything I used I purchased at Roberts.
-Wooded letters, unfinished. (They come in various sizes and styles)
You might want to sand down the rough edges butI didn't!
-Acrylic paint for wood. (most will be OK for all surfaces)
-Foam paint brush
-Mod Podge
I used the classic, regular mod podge, but you can chose from a variety. I also didn't use a top coat which you can use too.
-Scrapbook paper, embellishments.
I also purchased a exacto knife for scrap booking, just so I could cut out the letters easier, but scissors will work!
I painted the letters with a few coats of paint, let dry then traced them onto the paper I was going to use for each letter, then cut and measured them to fit just right. I then applied the mod podge to the wood and also to the back of the paper and placed the paper onto the letters and smoothed out and then applied all over the top of the paper, I kind of just did this until I got the desired look, and it made the paper soft so I could easily smooth the edges where I didn't cut so straight! I then added the flowers using mod podge as well because it works just as a glue, and its awesome because it drys shiny and clear! I had fun and cant wait to do another project! ;)


The finished project!
If you didnt know, we have chose the name Harper!

1 comment: