Wednesday, March 17, 2010

36 Weeks!

Today I went to the doctors, which brings me to 36 weeks, I'm now going every week and will be getting checked every week! Today they did a strep b test which they do around this time, and they also checked my cervix to see if I was dilated at all, and I was! I was a centimeter and 1/2 dilated and 30% effaced! The doctor said he could feel her head, so all of this was a good sign! Of course I was confused on exactly what effaced meant, basically its the thinning of the cervix, but Ive added a great diagram that kind of gives you the idea (well for those of you that don't have kids or are like me! haha) Sorry for the graphics, but hey its no secret!

You get the point.

The doctor said this means that there is a good chance and its most likely that I wont go over my due date, she should come right on or before which is good! I'm glad everything is going smoothly! I only gained 2lbs from the last doctors appointment, so I'm not putting on tons of weight, which I'm not complaining about, and they never seem concerned! My mom is throwing a family baby shower for me this Sat, and I should get the last of what I need then me and Michael can go and get the odds and ends!
I just started a little craft project for the baby room, Ive got some wood letters that spell out her name and have painted them, then I'm going to decorate them and try out some mod podge! I just want to do crafts and scrapbook lately! haha I will post soon about my project, cant wait to see how it turns out!

2 comments:

  1. Oh chelsea, I'm so excited for you! And I love that you are wanting to craft lately! We can modge podge together! haha! :D

    ReplyDelete