Friday, December 3, 2010

DIY.

Lately Ive been really into DIY(do it yourself) projects. Ive always loved the idea of handmade crafts, and home decor, but never really could put ideas together, or i got bored and frustrated and didn't finish a project. I guess I really never knew how much you could do with stuff around your house, thrift store/yard sale/other peoples junk.. its amazing how you can vamp up something old to look brand new! My dad is really into antiques, and refinishing them.. he also has a "wood shop" my dad probably has every tool you would need to build, well anything!! My goal is to make something on my own, with my dad helping me learn how to use the tools! I'm mostly excited to try out the lathe, maybe make some awesome vases, or matching bowl set for my kitchen.. ohh the possibilities. I figure with money being tight, and the many expenses that come with having a baby, my wanting to have a decked out, fully decorated house, will be a slow process, plus I cant get too crazy in my tiny apartment, but I can try! Ive been lucky enough to inherit some lovely things from family, like my cute 2 person table, my mirror/minnie mantle, that's what ill call it!( My plan is to get it up before Christmas so I can hang our cute stockings)


 My couches...
which I no longer have because I finally got my sectional!! If you remember my list from this previous post It was one of the items on my wish list.. lets just say it was an early Christmas present, it makes my apartment feel more "homey" and definitely puts me in a good mood! Here are a few things I'm working with.. excited for the end results! Baby food jars make great DIY projects, well so Ive seen, hopefully ill have some success with them!
Also check out these websites/blogs that I have been into the last few weeks.
Great DIY ideas, decorating ideas and tips, recipes, and more!

Young House Love
The little apartment
Madigan Made
Apartment Therapy

P.S

I got bored one night and made this cute little picture frame.. i think its cute and girly and will be cute on Harps dresser... then again I might just use it ;)

I just used an old frame I had, used magazine pages and mod podge! pretty easy Find tons of things to mod podge here

No comments:

Post a Comment