Thursday, December 23, 2010

Spice girl?

Do these not make the cutest spice jars? I think so.. Ive been working on a project for Christmas that includes these..(these are my smaller size) I saved,washed and removed the labels from baby food jars, spray painted the lids..and here you have em.. homemade spice jars! I love being able to see all the colorful spices, rather than in its original ugly plastic container, don't you? But what would spices be without a spice rack?

The painted lids were painted with chalkboard paint, so I will be writing which spices are which with a chalk pen, then if you ever need to switch out the spices you can do so, wipe off and re-label.  I'm so excited, and happy with how its turning out, so I had to post about it before its complete!

*Project completion soon to come. *

P.S. the spice rack itself  was designed by my dad, and is too complicated to tell you how it was made.. although if you want one it can easily be arranged! :)

1 comment:

  1. This is so creative!! And way cuter than those spice bottles that come from the store! Way to go girl!

    ReplyDelete