Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Driving.... me crazy.

"A backseat driver is a vehicle passenger who is not controlling the vehicle, and seems to be uncomfortable with the skills of the driver and/or wants to tutor the driver while the driver is at the wheel." -Wikipedia

I'm about to retire driving all together, which I'm sure most men would wish their wives/girlfriends would. Trust me, its not just funny jokes on TV, or movies, it happens to me in real life.. the boyfriend, back seat driver that must have been a drivers education teacher in a past life.. ugh! Let me just humor you all for a while.. here's what I generally get told while driving, keep in mind, and this is no exaggeration, this happens all within 10 minutes of being in the car together.
-Get out of this lane
-Get over!
-Don't follow too close
-Don't follow behind this car/truck/van..(whatever car is in front of me)
-Go the speed of traffic
-Go faster
-Slow down
-(some form of grunting or sighing comes in)
-Pull over so I can drive
-Watch where your going
-Turn your music down
-Its too hot in here


Very excited for our 10+ hr drive to Montana the day after Christmas. Ill be eating every crunchy snack imaginable. (He hates the sound of crunchy food being eaten). Success.

1 comment:

  1. Ha ha ha ha ha I love that he hates crunchy food sounds!! We really need t hang out.

    ReplyDelete