Monday, August 8, 2011

Remembering.

Sunday we went up to sandy to spend time with Michael's family, they were having a get together in remembrance of Michael's Grandma (Harper's Great Grandma) who passed away one year ago. Luckily she was able to meet and spend time with Harper a few months before she passed. Although I didn't get to spend a lot of time with her, I do enjoy the stories I get to hear, and see the love that her family has for her.



Funny thing is.. the first time I met Michael's Grandma, I wore this dress.. I was pregnant with Harper and she didn't know yet. We were at a family get together, and Michael decided that when all the family left he was going to break the great news to her.. well she didn't take it as we expected she would, well as Michael expected she would, considering how close they were. Lets just say she sat there, asking us about marriage, and being a minister, requested to marry us. (talk about awkward for me! ) Michael explained how we didn't think marriage was right for us at the time, so she proceeded to explain all the reasons why we should, and how much better it would be for Harper.. We literally sat in silence, until Michael said..

"Well, I guess we'll get going.." As we got up to leave, Michael's Grandma stayed seated and didn't say a word.. and this family is a bunch of hugger's.. so you knew she was upset!! haha

I left crying, being pregnant and emotional.. Lets just say it was the most awkward moment ever!! We laugh about it now.. Just another story to be told at occasions like this.



Outside Great Grandma's House.

We ♥ and miss you.








No comments:

Post a Comment