Monday, August 8, 2011

Fiesta!

This weekend I decided to put my awesome cooking skills to test and try out a new recipe! My lovely friend Katelyn has a great recipe blog (everyone should check it out) It is there that I found the recipe for Mexican Chicken.

How easy is this:

4 Chicken breasts
16 oz Salsa
Cook in crock pot for 4 hrs
Take out chicken, shred and put back in crock pot
Add 1cup sour cream
Cook for an additional 1hr
Serve with tortillas (I also made some Spanish rice)

I of course added some chili powder to spice things up.. im sure you could use hot salsa, I used mild. I cooked my chicken in the crock pot on high, and mine were semi-defrosted.. and 4 hours was just enough. I also added a little more salsa then suggested,my crock pot is small and I wanted to make sure all my chicken was smothered! ;)


So delish!


We also made (Michael made) Margaritas.. I don't have the exact recipe but these are the ingredients used.

Triple sec
Tequila
Limeade
Lemon juice
Ice
Blend together
Salt rim with margarita salt
Yum!
These margaritas were more mild then when you get the already made mix, which I think can be too strong at times. These turned out great for making out own.




2 comments:

  1. I've made this before and it rocks! I have also added a 1/2 cup of brown sugar to it when you add the salsa and it tastes so good...kinda like the sweet pork at cafe rio. soooooo yummy! :)

    ReplyDelete