Tuesday, January 4, 2011

I recently tried out this little crafty project here although, mine did not look as vintage as this one, and I was making last minute gifts for Christmas, my plain ones had to do. I still thought they were cute, even quickly done and off centered. :)
After this, I have become quite obsessed with mason jars, although the ones at craft stores are not the awesome blue glass.. There is an easy alternative to that, that my mom- to- be- in law..(as long as Michael behaves) came across and was going to attempt.. I then found the post about it on one of my favorite blogs The little apartment.
I'm sure you can google and find other tutorials too. I think they are so cute, vintage or not, they make great vases for flowers, candle holders, the usual food storage, or flour and sugar jars to display on the counter.. they are so cute for center pieces, and hanging candle lanterns.. def already deciding its a must have for my wedding, because they are sooo DIY and soo cute and cozy looking... See...





All images from Google image search.

NO I AM NOT GETTING MARRIED! Just want to make that clear.. I just think they are such a great idea for one. Jeesh. haha

Maybe I'm just obsessed with re-using glass jars/wine bottles... Ive re-used my baby food jars to make a spice rack, and an old wine bottle for another craft you can find out how to do here  its easy, inexpensive and looks great on display! Cant wait to make more! (of course I have none of my original pictures) You can also see this cute and inexpensive other use for old wine bottles here. Again, because it is "wedding-ish" does not mean I'm getting married!! It just happened to go that way.

Eww, what happened?

No comments:

Post a Comment