Saturday, January 22, 2011

Crafty love.

Valentines day is oh so lovely.
Whats more lovely is my V-day wreath.

Made by yours truly.

I got the idea from here. such a cute blog, and hers looks fabulous. 
Me on the other hand, is a want right now, have to have right now kind of gal, so I improvised and made mine a little differently.. but it worked out! 

Here is how I did mine, and how it turned out. 

1. Find a cheap foam wreath, or one like this..about 3 dollars at Walmart. 

Of course, it would be pretty hard to glue perfectly around this so instead of covering it with ribbon like the above blog, I used pink colored duck tape! It kept all the twigs in, and made for a smoother wreath to work with.

2. Cover wreath.
How awesome(and ghetto) is my colored duck tape?!

3. Pick out some cute cup cake liners.. yes cup cake liners. I chose these. 

4. Fold and fan, and or scrunch to your liking! 

5. Heat up the glue gun, and start placing! Because I used 2 different liners, I did sections, alternating around the wreath. 
I used almost 4 packages(2 of each pattern)

6. Continue around wreath, until desired look. 
and tada! 



I of course forgot the most important thing, a hook to hang it on the front door, or else I would have the last step of adding ribbon to the back, which of course I bought pink! But I do think it looks mighty cute on my shelf. 

So easy and fun, I might have to make one for every Holiday. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment