Thursday, January 20, 2011

Another mans junk...

Is my treasure!!! 




Its exactly what Ive been looking for, an antique wooden high chair! Ive seen so many on ksl.com but we never  purchased one, you would think that we would have had a highchair by now, Harper is almost 10 months! Yep, were slacker, let our child get messy, eat in her bouncy toy kind of parents. oops.
For only 35 bucks, I think its a deal! It was the cheapest one on ksl when I looked, I like the style, and because I have a awesome handy wood-workin' dad.. this is my next project!! So poor Harper will be high chair-less for a few more days.
 I now cant decide if I should leave it, and polish it up, or paint and distress it so it looks old, but adding some color... my next dilemma is figuring out how to make padding for it. Ive seen it done, but the last time I sewed anything more than a button or seam, was most likely in my high school days. Looks like I have to make a trip to Grandmas house for that one..

Here is a restoration that I like, you can find here.

Even tho mine needs some work, I think it will turn out quite cute. You know what ill be doing this weekend! I'm such a rebel.

No comments:

Post a Comment