Sunday, April 11, 2010

39 weeks.. and then baby!

Fast update..
Wed April 7Th was my last doctors apt! I was Dilated to a 3 and 80 % effaced. Our options were to wait it out or have a scheduled induction. Because my doctor happen to be at the hospital for the weekend, he gave us the option to be induced early sat, so we went with that! We had 2 days to get our last few things together, grocery shopping, stroller/car seat and a few little baby items!
Sat morning we got a call to come in between 6-630 am! So we woke up, finished packing and headed to the hospital!
We checked in and got settled into the birthing room, a few minutes later my mom and sister showed up. They started me on my IV and got some general information, other that feeling a little nauseated my nerves were not as bad as I thought they would be! At 7:30 am They started my petocin, which pretty much kick starts your labor! Then they broke my water a while later and then the fun begin! By now my contractions were coming on strong and wow were they painful!! Then the best part came... the epidural! Its really not as bad as it seems, I didn't ever see the actual needle, and by the time I was ready to get it I was in pain so it didn't hurt half as bad as my contractions! Once it kicks in your legs go numb and tingly and the pain is gone! My labor was going so fast that I immediately started feeling tons of pressure, and all I kept saying was how my butt hurt! haha Before I knew it I was dilated to a 6, then a 9, and then 10! right then I got sick and felt the sudden urge to throw up, and I did! That was probably the worst, honestly, I hate throwing up!!
Before all this my dad and grandma had came, and stayed through the whole delivery!
My mom and mike helped hold my legs and coach me on, my mom got a little camera happy and went crazy taking pictures! During pushing the heart rate would drop so they gave me oxygen, but everything went fine.. at one point they tried showing me the mirror, but after one glance I was good! haha Mike didn't want to watch either, but my mom was right there watching the whole thing, dad was hiding in the corner, kenzie took a few glances, and right at the end my grandma took a look, and she didn't see any of us born!! Then I could see her head, and she was born!! Mike burst into tears, but it was soo cute and was the best moment ever!! It was a relief that it was over. Then they took her over and cleaned her off, weighed her, and measured her. She was born at 12:31 pm( 5 hours of labor!!) 7 lbs 2 oz and 19 1/2 inches long!!
After that, it was none stop visitors!!! Harper has sooo many people that love her, family and friends! We are so happy that she is here!
Sorry, that wasn't really a "fast" update!

No comments:

Post a Comment