Saturday, April 24, 2010

Miles away.


I give props to anyone that is or has been in a long distant relationship, because they suck!! All you have to rely on is a phone call, a text message, an email, an instant message, a picture, technology pretty much runs your relationship! The worst part about this is you sit there and wonder what they are doing when they don't answer or return your calls right away, text messages are sometimes taken the wrong way, and suddenly your arguing or feeling unappreciated. Now I can handle the long distance after sometime, but spending weeks, or even days with your significant other just to see them leave, or leave them to go back to weeks, or months without seeing them again is torture!
I was used to the idea of being alone, being on my own, and probably used the phrase "I don't need a man to make me happy" don't get me wrong, I still believe I don't NEED this to make me happy, but any woman who has or has had a GOOD man knows that it does help ;) Being pregnant and lonely was horrible, but now I'm lonely and have a little girl to take care of, and going from having her dad around the first few weeks, to not having him here sucks. Its only the second night, and I'm feeling the loneliness set in more than ever. Ill blame it on the "baby blues" because I have a mild case of this, and the first few days I just wanted to cry and didn't feel like myself! Of course having Harper in my life makes it a little less lonely, I have to feed and change her, and have her to keep me occupied, but when she cries for no reason, I want to cry! I wish I just had my other half here, its like she knows something is different, she honestly wasn't this fussy before he left, but it could just be a coincidence.
Its amazing how things have changed, and how through my whole pregnancy and having a baby has changed my outlook on life,love,and relationships. Despite what people think, and how different Mike might be from anyone Ive dated, I believe that everything has happened for a reason. I don't have to hesitate for one second that hes going to be there for me and his little girl, I just wish he could be here 24/7.

1 comment: