Thursday, June 14, 2012

Crock"pot" Roast.


Here is my recipe for my slow cooker pot roast. 
I originally found this recipe on Food.com and the reviews were all great, I made mine a little different, since the recipe listed is only for the roast, I added veggies. 

Ingredients:
Chuck roast-(size depending on size of crockpot)
1 Packet of brown gravy mix
1 Packet of dry Ranch dressing mix
1 Packet of Italian seasoning mix
Potatoes(I used 4 large rustic potatoes)
Carrots-More or less depending on what you like
Celery-More or less depending on what you like
Onion-I used half of a large yellow onion
Water

I mixed all the seasonings together and rubbed them all over my roast, then mixed in the rest. I put a layer of potatoes( cut into smaller pieces) on the bottom, then roast on top then layered the rest of my veggies around and on top of roast. I cut my onion into thirds, so they were easy to fish out..since the bf hates onions I didn't use chunks like i usually would. I added maybe 2 cups of water, but a 1/2-1cup would be fine, I always make the mistake of using too much water! If you are hoping for a thicker gravy then use less water. I like to eat mine as a stew :)

Cooking:
Cooked on high for 4hrs
Cooked on low for 3 hrs
Could be more or less depending on how your crockpot cooks.


No comments:

Post a Comment