Monday, October 25, 2010

6 Months!

Harper is now six months old! Crazy how time flys!
After our trip to California, being exhausted, and still not unpacking all of our stuff... I never put the pack&play back up in our bedroom, which is what Harper was sleeping in up until now! I'm happy to say that she is now falling asleep in her crib, and staying asleep for 6-8 hours! Ahhh. I do miss having her right beside me, so like a crazy person I go in and check on her multiple times, and keep the baby monitor on! :)
I don't know how it happened, but I'm glad her crib isn't so foreign for her anymore. She actually will roll over and get comfortable instead of getting into "play" mode. Although she does end up in our bed by early morning, she is going to bed and taking naps frequently in her big girl bed! On to other 6 month changes, Harper is now rolling and rolling and scooting, no crawling.. but she definitely can get around! She also is sitting up with support, and pulls herself to sitting in her swing, chair and stroller! We have also started on baby food, which I researched and tried on my own! My doctor never told me to start her on cereal, how much, when, how often and because we don't go to her 6 month check up til Nov 1st(yes mommy slept in last week) I started trying the basic fruits and veggies myself. She is doing well, she loves apple sauce and bananas, squash, and is still debating on carrots. I was lucky enough to be given a whole box of baby food a few months ago, and was excited to see that I had some choices to choose from! Hopefully at her next doctors appointment we will get some better information on feeding. Also next Dr. apt means shots :( not fun.Squash!

She is finally growing hair!! Its coming in blonde! Yess. I'm so excited to see how she looks with hair, and of course to continue to put obnoxious bows in her hair. Halloween is just around the corner, and I'm so excited to dress her up! I'm not doing the girly girl, typical princess costume, we are being skeletons!! Of course I'm dressing it up with a cute bow I purchased on etsy! If you have not been on the sight, I suggest checking it out, it is awesome for baby accessories!
Will post pictures soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment