Wednesday, July 6, 2011

4th of July weekend fun!

Since the 4Th landed on a Monday this year, we had three days to enjoy with our family and friends! To kick of the weekend my friend Robin had her baby girl Friday afternoon! I headed to the hospital after work to meet her.
Saturday was Alex's (Michael's brother) 16Th bday!! We enjoyed another Sletten bbq with tons of family and good food! We then headed home to pack and hurry out for a last minute over night camping trip with my friends at yuba lake! Harper did OK, but she was not a fan of sleeping without one of us in the tent. The next morning she enjoyed getting her feet wet, and getting covered in sand..

Harper admiring the fire!




Monday I got both my Children dressed up in Fourth of July colors.. I practically had to force Michael to put on a red shirt. haha But look how cute they are!!





We got some swimming in.. finally! I hate going to my crowded pool, and luckily we got to enjoy the pool to ourselves!
Harper loved cruising around in her little floaty boat.Michael wanted to try and go under water with her, which of course scared me to death!! But she enjoyed it.. no surprise there.. she isn't scared of much these days.




Next stop.. club house bbq.. Michael has awesome friends who are pretty much like a second family, getting together with them is always a good time, and everyone loves Harper.. Especially Riley, I can just see them running around together in a few years. Soo cute.







We then ended the night with another bbq and fire works with my friends at Robin and Jerome's house. Its nice that we can all get together and let the kids play. The men entertained themselves with beer and fireworks.. I think they were more excited then the kids! Its fun to see Harper interact with everyone.. especially Milo, who is closest in age to her.. they sat together at the kids table and shared their chips with each other.. twu wuv. haha




Don't mind the ever running nose.. She loved the fireworks!!






Me and Kiya, just 3 days old! I swear I dont remember Harper being this little.. and they were the exact same size.. they grow up way too fast. Im pretty sure Michael wanted to take her home.. he got a little baby hungry.. pretty sure he just liked the fact that she was sleeping and tiny and not throwing things and climbing on every object she could find! haha


Blurry picture.. but all the girls Watching fireworks.


the only stop we didn't make this year was down to Provo to visit my family.. but Harper was lucky and got to have a semi-sleep over with Grandma and Aunt Kenzi the next day while mom and dad went to a concert. :)

I love Holidays, and summer, and getting to do things with Harper, and I love our AMAZING friends.

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment